Translate

Monday, March 03, 2014

Holy: Understanding it Better Through Understanding the Arrangement of my Blog Entries

I am sure you came to this blog looking for the definition of holy.  Since that is the case, I will begin by saying that I recommend not letting go of the three top possibilities.  They are: 1) moral wholeness, 2) pure, and 3) set apart.  That is what I recommend until you dig deeper and read more.  But to do either the digging or reading on this blog, it will be helpful for you to know how my entries are arranged or organized.  You can have the biggest library in the world, but if it is disorganized, it is worth less than a smaller one tightly organized. 

I think an effective way to think of their organization is to think in terms of the persuasion  or communication cascade found in The Complete Idiot's Guide to Persuasion: 1) reception, 2) processing, 3) response, and 4) behavior.  Near the end of last year (Nov. 18, 2013), I became a person persuaded so far in the progress of the cascade that I reached stage 4, behavior.  But that is not where I have always been starting with 2004.  So let me point out the different kinds of reading that you will find. 

RECEPTION POSTS: DID YOU GET IT?

From the beginning of 2004 to mid 2006, my posts are of the reception kind.  This is when I first began to get it that holy could mean "moral wholeness".  Prior to that time period, I didn't even know that the idea existed.  So it was all brand new to  me during the first period of reception.  By the way, I had times when I really doubted the idea in the early going even if it does not show.  If you still need to just receive the idea of a new definition for the first time, then I recommend going back to my earliest writing. 

PROCESSING POSTS: DID YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

From mid 2006 to the end of 2008, my posts are of the processing kind.  Toward the end of this time I also enrolled in post-graduate studies to process things more fully.  I wanted to be able to answer the question: "Did you think about it?" with an affirmative.  This is when I did a great deal of digging.  It was my time to be thoughtful beyond just receiving the idea of moral wholeness.  Here is when I began to dig more thoroughly into Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.  If you need to dig more thoroughly, I would look at my posts during that time period. 

RESPONSE: DID IT CHANGE YOU? 

From 2009 through mid 2001, I began to think more about how I could make my blog posts more easy to use (user friendly), more fun (see the implications from this!), and more popular (to help people see that in the past it was the most popular position and that in the future this idea can rise to a majority view).  In geek speak, these motivators for change are called: 1) self efficacy, 2) attitude, and 3) norms.  As the saying goes like a rose, regardless of the name it's still the same thing.  Don't think that 1) easy, 2) fun, and 3) popular are the whole story.  There is a cost before you reach that result.  But I've never heard of someone who doesn't appreciate a user friend device over one that is not. 

BEHAVIOR: DID YOU HAVE A TACTFUL VIEW?

From mid 2011 through the end of 2013, I began to have a more TACTFUL VIEW of what I was writing.  This is primarily seen in trying to cover all ten of the major questions that the mind asks to have answered before proceeding.  It is also much more specific and not vague.  Good intentions are not what is looked for here, but something that is concrete, observable performance and results that can be seen.  It is what allows things to be known through action and results rather than unknown through vague or unclear things that are desired.  By asking all ten questions contained in a TACTFUL VIEW (the eleventh letter states all ten are needed), it guarantees a full of answering all the major questions rather than just some.wide open dreams.  It also guarantees more tact or class will be used in communication.  Tact and class are something we can use more of in discussing conflict and controversy especially. 

So depending on where you are in the persuasion cascade that is where you should begin in checking out my posts.  My latest are especially more of a wrap-up than a starting point.  To see the full effect of what is needed at each stage it can be helpful to consult the dates I suggest.  Happy hunting everyone!

In Christ,

Jon



No comments: